Monday, April 21, 2014

Next quilt for sale - Comma by Moda

Yes, it's me, it's really me.
I didn't drop off the face of the planet.  I'm still here, quilting when I have a spare second, which doesn't come easy these days.
Between a full time job, a full time family, and learning how to say 'no' to taking on too much it's hard to find time to quilt, but I really need to.  It's therapy for me.  From designing quilts to fabric shopping to sewing them together it really is enjoyable and it's the "ME" time I really need. 
SO, with all that, I have finally finished the next quilt that I'll be selling in the Etsy shop.
A dear friend of mine has offered to photograph this quilt and I can't wait to see how beautiful she makes it look with her mad photography skills.  I also just think it's pretty cool to be able to say "the quilt is with my quilt photographer right now."  HA! I love pretending to be so professional.

I pieced this quilt at the last quilt retreat I was at and finally finished quilting it the other day when I was hope with a sick little one. The charm pack used is Comma by Moda. The pattern is my own and is called "Dodge".  I will be releasing it as a pattern eventually, again when I have some spare time, ha!

Speaking of patterns, I'm working on my first pattern now which will be "Square Avenue" and hope to have that for sale in the Etsy shop in a couple more months. "Dodge" will be released after that.
I haven't worked out all the details with those, but I'm hoping to have offered for digital download as a PDF OR ordering a printed pattern through the mail.

More updates to come soon!
Here is a peek at "Dodge".


No comments:

Post a Comment